Yes, this module starts with a quick pre-requisite, just so we have some foundation before dropping all this info on you.
We are going to cover everything about how to get more emails opened, so I want you to start with 3 things to have in mind:
You’ll soon see that the main character in this story is the subject line, and you’ve probably heard that the subject can affect not only the open rate but also the CTR and even the conversions.
But, if you’re trying to write a subject line to get clicks and conversion, you’re making a mistake.
The goal of the subject line is one: To get the email opened.
The metric we are going to watch is the “Open Rate.”
This is the only metric we need to determine success.
The current health of your list will affect this big time.
Here is what I mean:
- If you haven’t been sending on a regular basis, your subscribers are not used to getting your emails
- If you have undeliverable addresses in your list, this will affect not only your delivery rate, but also your open rate
- If you have subscribers in your list that have been inactive for a while, chances are a percentage of those people will continue to ignore your campaigns
This is why it is very important to maintain a healthy and active list. We have an entire module to cover this ahead in the course.
Remember the first lesson? I asked you to get your conversion rate. In this lesson, I’m going to ask you to do something similar:
Find out what your Open Rate is.
Here is what you need to do:
- Head over to your ESP
- Look for the campaign analytics
- Grab the open rate of the last 10 campaigns (If you have fewer campaigns at this point, don’t worry, just get whatever you have)
- Get an average of the open rate on those campaigns
Once you have your magic number, come back and share it with me in the comments section below.